Saturday, March 31, 2007

I Miss My Ferrari

The other day in Scottsdale, as I passed the Ferrari/Maserati dealership, I saw a beautiful yellow Ferrari F430 on the lot. Today as we drove around San Diego, I saw another yellow F430, this time a convertible Spider model. After driving Ladan's Golf and then a friend's Jeep Cherokee for a week now, the sightings made me ache to get back behind the wheel of my own yellow F430.

I bought this 8-cylinder, 490hp behemoth early in my Test Drive Unlimited career two weeks ago, and it's an absolute dream to drive [read: control using my PC-compatible Xbox360 gamepad]. No racing game has held my attention for more than a few minutes since 2000's Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed. This game, however, has sucked me in like only a handful of games in my entire gaming, uh, "career", have done. Every night I find myself thinking, "maybe I'll just do one more race", and then suddenly it's 1:30 AM and I have to force myself to go to bed.

And so, having been away from my gamepad for over a week now, I'm positively fiending to strap back into my F430 and start tearing up the streets of Hawaii once again. And seeing all these real-life F430s makes the separation all the more painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home