Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back up in this muh!

So it's just been just about three months and two weeks since my first post. I only opened an account with Blogspot so that I could post comments on friends' blogs, but, due to the increasing clamor of the many who would like to read my profound commentary (read: Bharath when he's bored), I decided I'm going to start to post stuff once in a while here.

To kick it off, I'll share an episode that occurred today as I sat outside and enjoyed the warm Bay Area sun as I ate lunch. Three early-forties people round a corner and head in my direction, two men and a woman. The woman is saying:

" ... and so halfway through the e-mail, he types 'L - M - A - O'. I was wondering, what the heck does that mean? Well, it turns out it means 'Laughing My Ass Off'!"

To which one of the guys responds:

"Right! And then there's 'L - O - L': 'Laugh Out Loud'! I tell my daughter whenever she types that, 'LOL' to me means 'Little Old Lady'!"

Instinctively, I of course reached for my paintball gun [inside joke]. Finding the holster empty, I mustered a herculean effort to restrain myself from jumping up and applying a full extension, sweeping windup backhand bitch slap to all three of these no doubt dialup-AOLers sequentially, for interrupting the quiet tranquility of my lunch break with such infantile nonsense.

Note to self: think about starting to carry paintball gun to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Duncan McGreggor said...

Phew! Boy, that IS profound.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Duncan McGreggor said...

Keep it coming you MONSTER!

8:10 PM  
Blogger B said...

HI-larious!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home